This is my list from my birthday last year.
I did quite a few of them. And I did a lot that wasn't on the list.
I think I will recycle a few of these for my 30th birthday list.
I was really ambitious last year. I think this year I will focus on my daily habits. Things I can do, want to do everyday. Like writing and drawing. Like sitting meditation. Shaping my day to day life into a time spent well, spent intentionally.
1. Go to Kyoto check
2. Sew 5 dresses for myself check
3. Become pera-pera in Japanese
4. Read one book entirely in Japanese check
5. Get perfect scores in all my classes
6. Go to the dentist check
7. Vote for Obama check
8. Knit a scarf to completion by winter
9. Make a print block postcard once a month
10. Teach Sebastian how to write
11. Toilet train Nico
12. Do yoga at least twice a week check
13. Join the Japan Association of Language Teachers and attend Nagasaki chapter meetings check
14. Publish at least two pieces of writing
15. Draw more check
16. Go camping at least once check
17. Swim at Takahama Beach check
18. Donate money to Karma Kagyu check
19. Do a litter pick up every other month check
20. Donate to NPR check
21. Up my intake of locally produced food to 75 percent check
22. Keep daily journal of bilingual progress and post online
23. Buy a new Montessori material every month
24. Grow plants indoors and out check
25. Get some furniture check
26. Save 20 percent of income check
27. Go to Fukuoka check
28. Meditate daily
29. Remember to take pictures every day