Wednesday, December 29

The Most Wonderful Time of the Year

stockings


Happy Holidays, ya'll.

The boys are off fulfilling a Christmas wish to see their friends in Nara and I am here with poor Colette who appears to have eaten something that disagreed with her. Enough said, right?


I am okay with the situation though because I am anxious to engage in お掃除.

This institutionalized yet private tradition of cleaning the house before New Year's is something we always strive for and I think this year, we might just make it. Our apartment is small so we have that on our side but we have large closets. With boxes left unpacked. And lots of random papers to be sorted. Needless to say, I should probably work on that instead of typing here. The peace and uncontested computer made me think this was a good opportunity to pop in here and say:***

よいお年をお迎えください (I wish you the best in the New Year).


In case I don't have the opportunity in the next few days, may you all have a fantastic transition away from the fierce strength of the tiger and towards the calm and peaceful nature of the rabbit.
Best wishes to you and yours.

P.S.
We might have a few unexpected announcements soon, though rest assured it is not another addition to the family. Unless you count hamsters. If so, then I'll introduce you to Angel and Pippi next time.


xoxo

***No such luck! It's the stomach flu. Triple yuck plus a barrier to our grand cleaning plans. But no worries, it will pass and the house will eventually be clean.
Happy New Year!

No comments: