Tuesday, February 14

(?)

acorns

I don't know what number I am supposed to be at. I do know that I am in disgrace regarding my post-a-day plan. Gomen, ne.

I just returned from the doctor and feel a little frustrated. I had hoped that from his website that he was more progressive than most doctors. Instead, I feel hassled when I go there. Pregnant women don't need nurses and doctors to hassle them.

Here are their complaints about my body/me today:

I am 1 kilo over my targeted weight gain for this visit. This was written in my boshi techo (maternity record book) in bright red.

I haven't been on schedule with my visits. Of course, if their office hours were better, I could probably go more regularly. But every time I plan to go, someone in this little house is bedridden. Because it is winter. And that's what happen to kids in the winter.

Mr. Luca is upside down aka in breech position. My babies prefer breech. So I had to be taught the exercises to turn him around and I have check back in next week (I'll be 33 weeks) to see if he changed. If not, we have to schedule a c-section. THIS IS UTTER NONSENSE. Babies flip-flop all the time until the end of the term. I know. Now, if I was say 37 weeks and he was upside down, then maybe we could talk about the possibility. But I still have 2 solid months until my due date. Impatient people, doctors are.

Luckily, this is my fourth kid (and I don't say that lightly) so as a pregnant mother, I am not so easily swayed by their boos and jeers. I feel bad for the other skinny pregnant women in there who have to weigh their food and sweat about what the medical staff tells them. I personally don't buy it. My body knows what it is up to. It was designed for this purpose. The baby knows what it is up to. So though I feel hassled by their dire warnings, I don't take it to heart. I have better things to worry about.

I actually went to the doctor because I have a slight temperature and was concerned that I might be getting sick (again). He didn't have much to say about that, except that I should stay indoors and try not to get sick (again). Helpful advice.

Anyway, that is where I am at on this dreary, soggy Valentine's Day. Time to go and pile on some more kilos.

Hope you are all well. Take care.

No comments: