Tuesday, May 8

Baby-Mooning

hi there
Luca is starting to bloom.

I know as a mother I am supposed to love every breath my children take but I have always been a little shy of that adoration during the first week or so. Now though as we move into Week Two, my heart swoons over this little boy. I love how he has transitioned from that hollow bird-weight of a just-born to something a little more hefty, a bit more opaque. It is a subtle change from just-born to newly-born, a shift that only perhaps a parent can detect. It is similar in nature to the change from just-married to newly-wed.

Let the baby-moon begin.

more napping

2 comments:

Russell said...

So cute! I wish we both lived closer, then both of our babies could be friends. Oliver will be 3 months on the 19th.

Anonymous said...

Happy Mother's Day! Love, Liz