Friday, May 4

From a seated position

I don't know about you, but I have a hard time sitting still for long stretches of time. The internet gets old quickly, there is only a certain amount of television to watch, and sudoku is at best minimally distracting. I don't like passive activities. I like to move, act, engage. But between the constant nursing, being a body pillow, and my injury, I have a lot of sitting in my life right now.  Instead of complaining, I have been seeking out things to do from a seated position. Prepping dinner is something I can do. Looking for recipes in our neglected cookbooks is another thing. And now I can add drawing to my list.
naptime
This peony was made using whatever I could reach. I have not moved once since starting the peony and it is already dry.
naptime
This kid sure can sleep, as long as he is in my lap. Not yet a fan of his rocking seat. But if I can draw a peony with just one hand and a limited supply of pencils and markers, just think what I will be able to accomplish with two hands. Oh, the possibilities.
naptime

No comments: